Friday, November 5, 2010

Nightmares and dreams.

I haven't updated in a bit... what a busy week.

This morning I had some terrible nightmares. I can't remember them too well, all I know is three times throughout the morning I woke myself up screaming. I don't have nightmares much anymore, but when I do they're damned awful.

I do, however, remember my dream from the night before. I was in a Escheresque college with multiple levels that also had a cold-side grocery store beside its classrooms. Handy. One of the guys in my class was a guy I went to school with in high school who had long hair and would (ironically?) put it into pigtails. In the dream, he had Sailor Moon hair with very long hemp hair ties, walking around like it ain't no thang. I should also mention he was wearing a lumberjack's shirt and a blue kilt.

After class, I went to the elevator and came face-to-face with an old friend. He was wearing an ankle-length pink fur coat, an enormous admiral's hat with huge plumes and gems, and had a small chain through his nose and cheeks.

"Hey, what's going on?" he says.

"Not much. Um, nice outfit."

"I know, right?"

He then turns sideways, where an Asian Link is now standing holding a triforce. My friend grabs it out of his hands and says, "That's not for you!" and runs off into the parking garage with it. Link hangs his head and cries as he slumps down the stairs.


Speaking of nightmares, I had one a few weeks ago that bothered me. A year ago, I had a nightmare where I was helping my mom move into a new house. She asked me to take a box to the attic and I complied.

The attic was enormous, with several large rooms and winding staircases. I set the box down and went to leave, when I realized the door was gone: there was just a wall. Suddenly, horrific ghosts and Lovecraftian creatures slunked from the shadows, closing in on me. I can't really describe them, but they give me shivers just thinking about it. I forced myself to wake up before anything happened, a practice I perfected after neverending nightmares when I was a teenager.

A few weeks ago, I had another dream that I was in a house with my mom, helping her unpack. Sean was there with me.

"This house looks really familiar," I said.

"You've been here before, don't you remember?" Sean said.

My mom motions to a box on the ground. "Will you take this up to the attic for me?"

I shake my head. "No way. Don't you remember what happened to me in the attic a year ago?"

I've never had reoccuring dreams, much less a dream that continues itself after one year. Eerie.


What are some of your most memorable dreams?

4 comments:

  1. Freaky...

    I don't get reoccuring dreams really, but sometimes simliar themes, such as an apocolyptic nuclear war begining with people bombing near the area I used to live in when my family lived in vegas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recurring dreams and the recurring dreams are usually nightmares. I can't think of any right now though :p

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few reoccurring dreams, the most prominent being me sailing with a Grandfather I've never meet (freaky story behind that one). I also have dreams in reoccurring (fictional?) places as well.

    The other week I had a dream where it was just myself and this small black kitten in front of me. We weren't anywhere in particular, and there was no one else around. It was just me and the cat. But it was like I was myself, and also looking at myself as well... if you get what I mean. Eventually I picked up the kitten and started stroking it. It was so warm and soft, purring away and happily nuzzling my hand as cute kittens do. I had a small smile on my face, but then I looked up, straight into not-really-there-me's eyes and my smile grew wider and scarier. Then the me holding the kitten suddenly ripped it's head off with my bare hands... never taking my eyes of me.

    I immediately jumped awake and was so freaked out I couldn't get back to sleep for another four hours.

    That was little confusing, but I hope you follow. I have no idea where a dream like that comes from, it was scary as hell.

    http://thedaniquechronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete