Thursday, December 2, 2010

100 Questions

I found this questionnaire and decided why not. If you're bored, fill it out for yourself too!


1. What is your name and age?
Brittany, 22

2. What's your favorite color?
Green!

3. What languages can you speak?
English obviously. Spanish with near fluency (7 years of it and a minor to boot), some Japanese (enough to get by), and a little bit of Irish Gaelic.

4. If you can live in any time period and place besides the present and where you live now, what would it be?
Paris during the Impressionist Art era. Everything about it is so bohemian.

5. What's your favorite book of all time?
I have lots, but I'm probably going to go with American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I love his work and mythology, and what better book than that.

6. What's your favorite movie of all time?
Once again I have lots, but I'll probably go with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

7. What's your sign?
Leo, rawr.

8. If you were to get three wishes, what would they be?
To get my book published and be crazily successful, to be happy, and to live a long life with Sean.

9. What's your biggest fault?
Probably my explosive anger.

10. What's the weirdest thing about you?
Well, lots of things. I'll go with two. I'm 22 years old and every night I sleep with a stuffed tiger (named Shawn) that Sean gave me when I was in the hospital at 19. The other thing, I hallucinate a lot. Not just visual hallucinations, but auditory and tactile.

11. What are some of your hobbies?
I have lots! I like working with my hands a lot. Drawing, writing, painting, watercolor, origami, crochet, video games, studying languages, reading, macrame, and 3D art.

12. What was the worst day of your life?
I guess I have two again. The first was the day I found out my dad was leaving us, and he told me he had never loved me. The second was around my third day in the hospital during a week-long stay with a kidney infection. By that point I was literally on my deathbed and seriously thought I was going to die.

13. Vampires or werewolves?
Mummies.

14. Coffee or tea?
I like both, but I'm usually in the mood for one or the other.

15. Chocolate or vanilla?
Pfft, chocolate.

16. Day or night?
Night, I'm a total night owl.

17. Gold or silver?
Silver, gold looks tacky on pasty people like me in my opinion.

18. Republican or Democrat?
I'm a registered Democrat, though both parties are pretty off their rockers right now.

19. Cake or pie?
Pie! Blackberry pie is the best.

20. Where do you live?
West (by god) Virginia, in a town about an hour away from Pittsburgh.

21. Do you like where you live?
I'm not crazy about the town itself, I prefer the town about 20 minutes away that I plan moving to. I love West Virginia, though, and would never leave it unless the United States really does go insane and I have to move to Norway.

22. What places would you like to visit?
Definitely Ireland, especially Dublin and the Gaeltacht. I'd also love to visit the UK, but especially Scotland. I'd also like to visit Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Norway, Denmark, Argentina, Mexico (the Yucatan Peninsula especially), Spain, Germany, and Papua New Guinea.

23. What's your education level?
After one more semester I'll have a Bachelor's of Science in Graphic Design and Fine Arts with a minor in Spanish.

24. Do you believe in God?
Not in the same sense most people believe in a god.

25. What's your first memory?
Looking out the window when we lived in South Carolina... I think I was 3. The curtains were white and blowing around me and I thought they were friendly ghosts.


26. What's your favorite memory?
Meeting Sean. I was in my second day of Political Science 101 at WVU in my freshman year and a cute guy rushed to sit beside me. I noticed his shirt (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac) and had an urge to strike up a conversation with him, which really never happens with me. He started first though. Turns out he lived right above me in the dorms... exact same room, just one floor up. We've been together 4 1/2 years now.


27. What's your scariest memory?
Almost being stabbed along with my mom in our own back yard by a loony. That and my first car wreck (T-boned a guy going 40, my fault, and luckily didn't hurt him), along with having a seizure about a year ago. The seizure was scary because I had no idea what happened to me.


28. What's your favorite drink?
If we're talking general, Diet Dr. Pepper (which sucks because I'm trying to give up pop). If we're talking alcoholic, Irish trash can or Dr. Pepper and rum.


29. What's your favorite food?
Well, I have lots. Food is pretty grand. I'll either go with the shrimp fajitas from Mi Pueblo or squid sushi.


30. If zombies were to attack and destroy the world, how long would you survive?
I'd like to think a good long while... I've seen a lot of horror movies and have read The Zombie Survival Guide.


31. What's your favorite animal?
I have so many... I love animals. Tigers, okapi, timber wolves, sea turtles, cuttlefish (more like cuddlefish), giraffes, ball pythons, monitors, pigs, blue whales.


32. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Definitely dog person.


33. What's your favorite restaurant?
The Poky Dot... lots of good memories there, plus good food and the best cheesecake ever (homemade cheesecake in lots of flavors like Twix and Mudslide, plus holiday flavors like Gingerbread and Irish Creme).


34. Where were you born?
Atlantic City, New Jersey


35. Where will you die?
A mile above the earth at 102, skydiving with Sean. That or I'll spontaneously combust in two seconds.


36. Do you want kids?
I want one, a boy, when I'm in my late 20s or early 30s.


37. What is your favorite musician that you're ashamed to admit you like?
Lady Gaga.


38. What's your most embarrassing moment?
I was walking down the stairs during high school, reading my fourth rejection letter from the National Honor Society (I didn't get in because I didn't play a sport, my 4.0 GPA and AP classes didn't matter), when I missed a step and fell in front of 30 spectators.


39. What was your best subject in school?
English. I loved the writing, I loved the novels we read, and I'm a grammar Nazi.


40. What do you want to do with your life?
I really don't know. I'd love to be a writer, but those chances are low, so at this point I have no idea.


41. What's the grossest thing about you?
I have terrible dandruff.


42. Do you believe in aliens?
Of course. The universe is inifite, or at least near-infinite, plus there's the string theory and multiple universe theory. We can't be the only life in the universe.


43. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yep. I don't care what people say, my old house was haunted by an old lady and her fat black ghost kitty.


44. Do you believe in angels?
No.


45. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate chip.


46. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla or Old Spice (reminds me of Sean).


47. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween!


48. Do you ever want to get married?
Of course! I've already got ideas.


49. What's your favorite season?
Autumn.


50. Name three things that are closest to you right now.
My computer, a skein of yarn with a partial scarf, and a sketchbook.


51. What's the most painful moment of your life?
Waking up from gallbladder surgery with no painkillers. I woke myself up because I was screaming so loud.


52. What social class do you fall under?
Lower middle class, technically.


53. Can you ride a bike?
Yep, and without training wheels too!


54. Can you dance?
Hahahaha. No.


55. Can you sing?
No, but I do anyway.


56. Can you play an instrument?
Guitar.


57. What's your biggest dream?
To become a successful novelist. If not, to own a coffee/wine/sandwich and soup cafe.


58. Who's your favorite celebrity?
I'm not really a fan of celebrities. If I had to pick one I guess it'd be Johnny Depp or Cillian Murphy, and only because they're pretty.


59. What's your biggest fear?
Something bad happening to Sean. That, and slugs. Small spaces too.


60. Who's your favorite band?
I have so many. I cycle through phases of favorite bands, and right now it's between Otep and Jack Off Jill.


61. Would you rather be poor and happy or rich and unhappy?
Poor and happy. I've got the poor part down already.

62. Would you rather be deaf or blind?
Deaf. I love music but I can't live without art.

63. Would you rather be fat and have a pretty face or thin and ugly?
I guess the first.

64. Would you rather live a long, boring life or a short, exciting one?
Honestly, a long and boring life. I have stuff I want to get done.

65. Wine or beer?
Wine. West Virginia Mountain Spice Wine is the best.

66. Summer or winter?
Autumn?

67. What's your clothing style?
My own, I guess. I have a mixture of goth, punk, hippie, and weirdo clothes.

68. What's your hair style?
For now, a short red bob.

69. What's your shoe style?
Uh... comfortable?

70. If you had to choose killing one random person in the world to take a million dollars, or passing both up, what would you choose?
Honestly, I'd back away. I'd be afraid of killing a cute kid or a sweet grandma instead of a serial rapist/killer/cannibal.

71. Why is the sky blue?
Because you touch yourself at night.

72. What's the meaning of life?
To live, do stuff, and die.

73. Whales or dolphins?
Dolphins, they have a better texture and don't taste as bitter.

74. Atlantic Ocean or Pacific Ocean?
Pacific, it's where R'lyeh is.

75. Simpsons or Family Guy?
I never liked the Simpsons and Family Guy isn't as funny anymore. So Futurama and American Dad.

76. True Blood or Twilight?
True Blood, the vampires are actual vampires that burst into flame in the sunlight and don't sparkle and eat people and have lots of crazy vampire sex. Plus, Eric.

77. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
For books, I just enjoy Harry Potter more. For movies, Lord of the Rings by a long shot.

78. New York or Los Angeles?
The country, where I can play mah banjo and chew mah spittin tabacker.

79. Do you watch TV?
Not really. I have some series I watch on Netflix but I haven't watched actual television in four years now.

80. Do you go on the Internet a lot?
I'm an addict.

81. Movies or books?
I love both. I get in the mood for one or the other in cycles.

82. Do you drink (alcohol)?
Occasionally, but it's rare.

83. Do you speed?
I used to but I'm too poor to afford a speeding ticket.

84. Do you curse?
I fucking spout shit like a goddamn sailor.

85. Have you ever been arrested?
No.

86. Have you ever gotten a ticket?
Yep, three.

87. Have you ever been in a car wreck?
Yep, one so far and hopefully it stays that way.

88. Have you ever gotten into a fist fight?
No, but I've sparred in karate.

89. Have you ever broken something in anger?
A few things.

90. Have you ever hurt an animal?
Unless you count the frogs I accidentally drowned when I was 4, no.

91. Do you like football?
American, no. Soccer, yes.

92. The beach or the mountains?
I love the mountains but the ocean air is a nice change now and then.

93. What's the stupidest thing in the world?
Everything, including the things I like.

94. What's the best thing in the world?
At the risk of sounding corny, love.

95. Do you have lots of friends?
I don't really have any friends I hang out with, just those I see occasionally.

96. Are you a procrastinator or a hard worker?
I'm both. I procrastinate then bust my ass to get it done.

97. Are you a good student?
I think so. 3.6 GPA, but I'm starting not to care.

98. What are you proudest of?
How much of my novel I've managed to write despite its suck.

99. What are you the least proud of?
My explosive anger issues.

100. Last question! Describe yourself in one word.
Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Dolphins don't taste as bitter as whales?
    What the hell kind of situations have you been in to be able to determine something like that?!

    ReplyDelete