Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh, winter...

So last week, there was a huge blizzard heading across the states and Canada. It slammed Minnesota and Michigan, rained destruction upon Illinois and Indiana, bitch-slapped Ohio, and when it got to us, it just flat-out sodomized us.

Oh, wait. That's right. The 2 feet they were calling for never happened. We got a light dusting and that was that. A sprinkle of fairy dust.

Then today, this showed up.



You probably can't tell from the crap pictures, but it's at four inches and still snowing. I live in West Virginia, so of course my apartment is situated at the bottom of two hills. Driving home, I slid all the way down. I should be used to it by now, as this has been the only way to get down that hill these past several winters. Still, there's nothing quite like plummeting down a hill without a damn thing you can do as you come to a stop sideways in the road.
At school, the sidewalks were terrible. I was sliding all over the place, thinking about the disabled students who had to somehow wheel their way through this. As my mom would say, it was slicker than pig snot (shut up, we like our country sayings).
It is pretty, but not pretty enough to bust your ass or wreck your car for.
GO AWAY SNOW

1 comment:

  1. LOL I like them country sayings, they're funny. Sorry about the snow, I hope it goes away for you.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete