Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Insane cranes.

I've spent about 21 hours on this watercolor project, and I don't think I ever want to see another origami crane again. I've painted four large ones in total, and those are a huge pain to fold. In addition, I folded another twenty small cranes. Finally, today, I'm going to string them all up. I was on crane #10 when I started to lose my mind slightly.

There is a legend that if you fold 1,000 origami cranes, a real crane will visit you and grant you one wish. I think this is true. After you've folded that many cranes, your sanity starts to collapse and a hallucination of a crane will appear before you, magicking your giant cake or swimming pool full of raspberry jello, and you will believe it. Then, you are carted away by some nice men in white coats where they put you in a comfy room lined with pillows and give you a white jacket of your own.

Seeing as I don't want to even look at my cranes now, I'll post some pictures later.

In the other creative aspect of my life, my novel is going relatively well besides those dreaded speed bumps known as writer's block and "responsibility" (i.e. finals). I've decided instead of writing one massive, unwieldly book that it's turning out to be, Citadel will now be a trilogy. I'm pretty certain I have enough material for three books. Since Kishna is one who controls the elements, each individual book will have a title reflecting this. So far the working titles are Spirit Winds, Chaos Waters, and Forests of Blood and Fire.

I think three books is a good way to go, since it seems like my pace is a little too fast already and this will give some opportunity to even it out. Also, once I finish the first one I can try to seek a publisher and be working on the second one while that's happening. If I ever get good enough to be published, that is.

1 comment:

  1. I think three books for your story would be perfect.

    Stay sane!

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete