Saturday, October 9, 2010

So it begins.

I began this blog to catalog my dreams, but I think I might expand into other horizons. For therapy's sake. Anyway, hi, I'm Brittany. I love writing though I'm not a writer, and I love arting even though I'm not an artist. I'm a graphic design student by day, waitress by night. I live with my boyfriend of four years, Sean, who is my bestest friend. That doesn't give him much credit, as I don't really have any close friends, but he's the best friend I could ever ask for.

The other day, I couldn't sleep, as usual. It was Sunday morning; I had just worked a 10PM-6AM shift the night before, and I had to be back at work at 4PM. When I got home from that shift, I had to work on a couple of projects for class. Needless to say, I was having the beginnings of a nervous breakdown. I was on the couch, cursing my insomnia, when I heard Sean rustling around in the kitchen. It sounded like he was messing with my kiwi bird. For reference, I have a project from a 3D design class sitting on top of my fridge. Obviously, it's a giant kiwi bird, constructed out of cardboard and covered with silk flowers. Here's a picture of the creature in its natural habitat:

I turn around on the couch to ask him what he's doing.

"Science," he responds.

Before I can get up, he trudges into the living room, the kiwi bird balanced precariously on his head. He's cackling like Dr. Frakenstein; I can almost see the crashing lightning behind him.

"I've done it! I've merged man and beast!"

I laugh. "You're mad."

"Mad? MAD?! I've grafted a kiwi bird to my head. Does that sound like the work of a madman to you?"

I felt better after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment